The Retail Store Manager is responsible for the operation and profitability of his/her store, including, but not limited to:
- Store Operations
- Human Resources
- Financial Management
The Store Manager manages all aspects of store operations, focusing on in-store sales as well as outside sales activivties.
- Maintain the store’s appropriate inventory levels. Execute inventory loss controls policies.
- Ensure that the physical appearance of the store is maintained and that all equipment is in excellent working condition.
- Control expenses and payroll. To include employee schedules and hours. Ensuring open and close.
- Complete all John Boyle Company paperwork, and reports in a timely and accurate manner.
- Resolve customer issues in a proper and efficient manner.
- Work with Management Team to develop a business plan and budgets. Execute plan yearly.
- Monitor Inventory levels,accounts receivable and banking procedures. Resolve problems as necessary.
- Understand sales, gross margin, and expense control opportunities.
- Must ensure that all store employees meet service expectations and product knowledge.
- Encourage a viable team-oriented working environment through good communication.
- Must supervise employees.
- Conduct periodic performance reviews and disciplonary action when necessary.
- Ensure that the store complies with all federal/state regulations and company policies including, but not limited to: ADA, EEOC, Workers Compensation – Wage & Hour, Sexual Harassment, etc.
- Responsible for the development and deployment of local marketing strategies.
- Responsible for attaining store sales goal. Ensure employees are properly trained on selling techniques. Includes all paint, sundries, window treatments, floorcovering.
- Requires a two- or four-year college degree or equivalent work experience.
- Effective financial planning and management skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Minimum of 2 years retail experience, preferably industry related.
- Job involves a wide variety of tasks including bending, lifting, and sitting. Individual must be able to lift at least 50 pounds.
- Individual will usually be required to work more than 45 hours per week.
This is a summary of some of the roles and responsibilities associated with the position of Store Manager. However, other tasks do exist, and the Store Manager will be responsible for performing all other duties as directed by management.
We offer competive salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
To apply send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org