With the fall setting in, it is inevitable to come across homes and businesses throwing up fall décor. With the season welcoming charm and warmth of Thanksgiving and Halloween, people just love the fall. The riot of colors that runs through nature is a great inspiration by itself and it is the same inspiration that people prefer indoors too. If you are planning to revamp your home décor this season, here are a few Fall Inspiration ideas to check out:
- Hints of fall colors: If fall for you is pumpkin spice, maroons, dry leaves, and caramel apples, then have these colors in your décor. Wall paints or decals can change your mood with the changing seasons. Just go for texturing the wall in red, orange, olive green, and yellow in any room and let the fall come into your living space. Feeling extra creative? Paint your front door! Use warm, rich colors such as Benjamin Moore’s Country Redwood. Red imitates the range of changing foliage and is perfect for your next fall project. Fall wreaths are also a great way to decorate your front door or windows.
- Match the upholstery in fall color contrasts: Light pastel, beige and pale orange walls would pair perfectly with darker curtains and drapes. Sofa covers, carpets and bed duvets can also use maroon and rust orange tones.
- Accent Pieces: Textured throw pillows, orange/pumpkin spice scented candles, rustic wooden table accessories and accent rugs are a perfect way to transform your home on a budget. Put candles on your mantel or on your windowsill for that comforting fall feeling. Place acorns or popcorn seeds in mason jars or move your furniture closer to the fireplace to create a welcoming atmosphere for this cozy yet chilly season.
- Bring fall leaves indoors: Who doesn’t love the fall leaves and the way the colors melt into each other? We all do. That is what makes our fascination for fall so high. Since you are already planning to revamp your home or give it a fall décor touch, incorporating these colors in your design makes sense. If you have a glass-topped center-table, scatter across the leaves in their vibrant shade under the glass and place a few pebbled stones on top to keep them in place.
- Pumpkin décor! Need I say more? These days, you can find pumpkin decor in just about any fabric or craft store. Looking for cheap alternatives for carving and decorating? Ditch the over-priced pumpkin patches and head to your local grocery store, there you will find perfect pumpkins for half the price.With a little ingenuity, you can place these pumpkin décor pieces on mailboxes, main doors, and as wall hangings.
With these ideas, the John Boyle Decorating Center is sure that your home is going to be a cozy space with fall ideas gently sweeping into your home. For more ideas, contact our experienced design consultants and paint store associates to help you achieve a fall theme for your home. Looking for more? John Boyle offers a wide range of Hunter Douglas and Graber window treatment options, Shaw flooring and Benjamin Moore paint as well. Stop by one of our 9 locations today!